10.08.2007

Internet Speculative Fiction Database and 30 Days of Night

A quick post today on a pair of topics central to the discussion of speculative fiction. First, try this link for an extensive database on the field of speculative fiction. I was really impressed with the functionality of the Internet Speculative Fiction Database. The bibliographies were thorough and the service links to both fan and artist sites.

Another one for my expanding favorites section (to go with writing blogs, research leads, school links, author pages...man!).

I'm also curious to hear from those of you who read graphic novels. I thought both Sin City and 300 had much to recommend them based on their cinematic merits. I'm not a connoisseur of graphic novels, but I'm getting there (I will incorporate a creepy graphic version of Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death" in my spring literature course) and I'd love to hear from the die-hards. Do you have high hopes for 30 Days of Night? What is it about the reading experience (and I know I need to get King's Secretary of Dreams) that draws you to graphic novels?

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...