2.05.2008

Weird Tales


I followed through on a New Year's Resolution to better support the small press magazines out there and ordered a subrscription to Weird Tales. It came in the mail in just a few days and it does not dissapoint.
While I've only just begun to read it, I have to say I was very impressed with Michael Boatman's "A Father's Duty." The story was a graphic, gory take on the zombie trope. They are serializing a bizarre graphic novel (Jamie Tanner's The Aviary), and there is a fine regular column on the geography of Lovecraft's fiction--a nice bit of scholarship to supplement the dark treats of fiction in this one.
I don't know what you folks are reading in terms of the small press, but for variety and quality Weird Tales is an excellent magazine.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...