3.10.2008

Progress and Odds and Ends...

Today was a long day. I worked on the WIP for six hours, and I think it's rounding into fighting trim. The third act needs polishing but I feel like I've stayed true to the pary line: Keep it moving. The chills are in tact and and I like the pacing so far, and pretty soon I'll be sending this sucker out to beta readers. Exciting stuff.

I won my first ever e-bay auction a week ago and the other day my prize arrived in the mail: ten issues of The Twilight Zone Magazine spanning 1985 and 1986. I also ran the Gate River Run (15K) on Saturday in 1:14:15. I averaged 7:30 miles after finally freeing myself from the bottleneck of the first three miles. It was a tremendous day and a great race. The wind was whipping, with 40 mph gusts, and the St. Johns River was boiling on Riverside Avenue and spraying the runners as we crossed through. Very surreal. Pictures to come.

And now for the news.

There's some bad stuff in the water, boys and girls. That old adage "Must be something in the water" might have more truth to it than we care to admit...

America is reaching new lows in our quest for entertainment. This show was produced by Satan, I'm fairly sure...

And speaking of Satan, the office of his nemesis the Pope issued the newest list of sins. Thou shalt not pollute the earth. Pretty fashionable to go green these days...

Winter's done here in Northeast Florida. We'll hit 80 on Saturday and the days are growing longer by ninety seconds each day. Very nice...

Pop by tomorrow for a look at another market.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...