- Spring baseball. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, a hot dog and a cold one and the Baltimore Orioles;
- The challenge of kayak angling. I love the battle between man and fish and the ability to skip the boat through three inches of salt water and into a paddle-wide tributary;
- Wanderlust. I love to travel. I love to meet new people and live in different communities;
- Transcendent fiction. I love to read beautifully written dark fiction. I love sampling the varieties of prose styles and reading stories that make me hold my breath for pages at a time;
- Food. I love to cook it. I love to eat it. I love to talk about it.
- My wife. She's the best;
- The movies; I love almost everything about the theater. The smell of popcorn. The thunder of the sound system. The lives of others unfolding there, right before my eyes;
- Helping others. I love my job at the college because I get to work with so many great people. The students and colleagues I have at Deerwood make work fun.
- My life. I really like my life.
So let me put the ball in your court. What are you passionate about?