3.26.2008

What Are You Passionate About?

It's a great question. Life's not much if we can't keep that fire in the belly burning. I suppose my list includes:

  • Spring baseball. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, a hot dog and a cold one and the Baltimore Orioles;
  • The challenge of kayak angling. I love the battle between man and fish and the ability to skip the boat through three inches of salt water and into a paddle-wide tributary;
  • Wanderlust. I love to travel. I love to meet new people and live in different communities;
  • Transcendent fiction. I love to read beautifully written dark fiction. I love sampling the varieties of prose styles and reading stories that make me hold my breath for pages at a time;
  • Food. I love to cook it. I love to eat it. I love to talk about it.

  • My wife. She's the best;

  • The movies; I love almost everything about the theater. The smell of popcorn. The thunder of the sound system. The lives of others unfolding there, right before my eyes;
  • Helping others. I love my job at the college because I get to work with so many great people. The students and colleagues I have at Deerwood make work fun.

  • My life. I really like my life.

So let me put the ball in your court. What are you passionate about?

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...