4.18.2008

Some Quick Reactions...


Alan Lightman's novel Ghost is pretty remarkable. I'll put down my thoughts when I finish it up, but here's a mixed notice from the Times...
I didn't enjoy In the Valley of Elah as much as I'd hoped. With Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron and Paul Haggis (Crash) on board for this one I expected a lot, but ultimately it disappoints. The overlong story feels disjointed and only Theron rises to the occasion in this one. 'C'
Tooth and Nail is the first decent ('B-') film I've seen from last year's batch of the Afterdark Horrorfest. Pretty good first act and a nice turn by Michael Madsen, but not much else to recommend it.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...