4.29.2008

Something Wicked Magazine

When I read the publication notes at the front of Joe Hill's excellent 20th Century Ghosts, I was a little surprised to see a couple of foreign markets credited. It got me thinking about some of these magazines doing good work overseas, which led me to Something Wicked, a speculative quarterly based in Cape Town, South Africa.

They are now making content available for download on the internet. The magazine is attractive and packed with content. Ten stories and a novella made the cut in a recent issue.

They have a fairly short reading period for online submissions and some very specific formatting requests, so read the guidelines carefully and get your work in the queue prior to May 15.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...