9.24.2008

A Real Fine Drink...

Ok. So here's the recipe for a very productive creative week:

One part Neil Gaiman...

Add a shake of Tori Amos...

Write about a compelling issue...

Submit to one of the finest magazines publishing dark fiction...

This is my recipe, at least in this miniscule window of time. I can't say whether or not it's a tasty cocktail to the masses, but it looks fine from here.

Here's what I've noticed.

When editors like your stories, there's a recipe that went with it. There was music and literary influence and weather and personal shit. All of that came together. You poured it into a story, and that story was something great.

That sucker up there, by the way, is an ideal cocktail for me. Neil and Tori and Apex? Shoot, homie, that's all you had to say.

I'd love a couple of orders in the comments section, though...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...