Babies love routine, and we've tried to create one that works. During the day, we try to keep her stimulated with songs, stories and play, hoping to keep her awake as much as she's comfortable. As the day nears its conclusion, Jeanne makes sure Lyla has a nice big meal. We then:
- wash our little one's face. In the future, this will be a full-fledged bath;
- read her a story. Last night was the excellent Guess How Much I Love You;
- give her a hands-free swaddle (bundling her arms has been problematic--she likes to feel herself);
- pop a cap on her head and a pacifier in her mouth (soothies, for those keeping score);
- turn on Pandora (classical music, Enya, Jim Brickman, etc.) and let it play.
That's worked well. Lyla's had plenty of rest over the last two nights and that's good for all of us.