8.20.2009

Progress

Finished the first draft of my scholarly explication on American narratives of the apocalypse. Seventeen pages, eighteen sources and lots of speculative goodness. I referenced:
  • The Day After Tomorrow
  • The Road
  • Escape from New York
  • High Rise
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978)
  • Land of the Dead
  • "Pump Six"
  • "Bread and Bombs"
  • "The Mist"
  • "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"

I'm missing a bunch, but it turned into a good look at the sub-genre. I also used about a half-dozen attendant reviews and biographies. It's a solid read and, if I can't place it with a couple of the markets I'm targeting for publication, I'll put it on Scribd and get it up here at the blog. It's been a lot of fun.

Big scene tomorrow in the piece I'm writing (Dan does ol' school calisthenics); wish me luck...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...