1.24.2010

Carolina Gold Mustard Sauce

I had a couple of requests for a good barbecue sauce recipe to accompany the pulled pork below. I never ventured out into the yellow sauces until we moved to Florida, but I think now that they are probably the best of the bunch when it comes to shredded pork sandwiches. Tangy and tart, a good Carolina Gold really adds to the flavor of the pork.

3/4 cup prepared yellow mustard (the old faithful neon yellow stuff is fine--or you can go with a Dijon/yellow blend)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons catsup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 dashes Worcestershire
1 dash hot sauce (I like a nice cayenne pepper sauce--Texas Pete's is good)

Mix it all up and you're good to go. I like to simmer enough pulled pork for that day's meal in a little sauce to infuse the pork with the flavors. This sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.


If you have a recipe you're willing to share, I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...