4.16.2010

Publication on Kindle

My revenue streams are fairly uniform; they've been about the same for years, and look like this:
  • Income from the college;
  • Income from the occasional sale of an essay or story;
  • Income from the occasional birthday card from Mom;

One of my goals in 2010 was to create another revenue stream. I thought about asking my sisters for money for my birthday, but I like getting actual gifts. At thirty-two, it's pretty unlikely that I'll be drafted this year for the NFL. Call me if you need a wideout, Gene Smith...

But I'm pretty surprised by the Kindle book I put up last summer. It's there on the right of the blog, a shortish novel called An Autumn Harvest. I wrote that book in 2008 and didn't really do anything with it, moving quickly to the detective story I wrote in 2009.

Part of my trepidation about the book was what it was. It's a ranch novel peppered with Greek mythology; it's a touch of romance, a dash of quiet horror. I didn't expect much from it when I put it on Kindle and, while it hasn't set the world on fire, it sells enough copies here and there to buy an occasional pint. I think the Kindle and the I-Pad really are levelling the playing field for writers. It's gratifying to see...

Spent the week working with track changes on two projects that will published in the coming weeks. I'll have more news soon, I hope...

Enjoy the weekend, folks. Eat some good food, share some laughs, tell some stories, be well...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...