4.18.2010

The River Runs Low Tonight...

I have a tape deck in my truck. Yeah, many of you reading this probably haven't ever seen a cassette tape, but they used to be the cutting edge when it came to technology.

When I was a kid, my pop used to take me to soccer practice. On the way, we'd listen to Bruce Hornsby's first big album, The Way It Is. Well, the more life changes, the more is stays the same, because I have that tape in my truck and Lyla and I listen to it all the time. I was struck yesterday by how much I like this lyric:

The old man's getting on
Keeps the morning paper in his overcoat
It keeps him warm in the cold storm
And he told me today I look a little lonely

Up in the air they're heading south
The sky is light to the west of town
With a little cash I could get around
You know I'd come out there and find you

You can listen to the song here...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...