11.15.2010

Loathsome, Dark and Deep

Aaron Polson is a talented writer who I think you can expect big things from in the coming years. A quick stop by his website offers links galore to his fiction if you'd like to sample some, but I'd also encourage you to take a look at his upcoming book, Loathsome, Dark and Deep.

Set in Coastal Oregon (my old stomping grounds, and likely where we'll ultimately retire), the story is an updated take on Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I love the gothic, and I'm looking forward to this one from Belfire Press. Give it a shot; I think you'll be happy you did...

6 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate the signal boost!

Daniel Powell said...

Sure thing...I love the premise, and the fact that it's set out in Oregon is really cool also.

Aaron Polson said...

I'm sure I fouled up the details of the landscape...

One of my first published stories (and a personal favorite) was a campy, giant insect story set in Oregon. "A Plague from the Mud" originally appeared in Monstrous from Permuted Press, but you can read it for free at Apex: https://www.apexbookcompany.com/2009/02/permuted-press-presents-a-plague-from-the-mud/

(if you're so inclined...)

Daniel Powell said...

I have read it, and it was a damned fine tale! I think that was one of the first yarns of yours I encountered, and the setting rang true.

When we vacation over there, we buy seafood (chowder, smoked mussels, Dungeness crab) from a place called Ecola Seafoods. They don't sell whiskey, but I love their selection of craft beers!

Karen from Mentor said...

I love Aaron's work. Good call Daniel!
:0)

Daniel Powell said...

Hi Karen,

I hope things are going well, and you had a good trip!

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...