5.01.2011

Interesting News

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

An evil, hateful figure in history is gone and I only hope that the families of his victims, both here and overseas, have felt a measure of relief that he is no longer breathing.

I also hope that he is suffering someplace. I hope he showed up to the afterlife and his notions of 130 submissive women were replaced by...well, nothing. I'd like to think that he's stuck in a perfect void--a place of absolute solitude and isolation and boredom.

Fuck Osama Bin Laden. What a backward, hateful policy shifter. His influence was staggering, and I'm just glad he's gone. Despite what some would have you believe, his was never a war of class and/or privilege. It's called extremism and terrorism, and he was the worst of the worst.

I pray for peace for the hearts and minds of those who lost loved ones in the attacks of 9/11.

I watched 60 Minutes tonight, and I'm just stunned by how courageous Lara Logan was in discussing the terrible sexual assault she suffered. I'm seriously impressed with her candor, and I'm just blown away by her depiction of how things are in Egypt in terms of tolerating sexual assault. It's a pretty horrifying video--be warned, you need to understand it's graphic--but it's remarkably honest.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...