1.03.2013

A New Year...

I have modest goals for my writing productivity in 2013. 

  • I want to write more fiction than I did in 2012. I haven't spent any time at it in months, and that is a bit of a void in my life.
  • I want to publish more scholarship. I have a pair of essays on submission, and one has been shortlisted with a strong publication. Here's hoping there will be more of that in 2013.
  • I want to write at least six short stories. I did very little of that in 2012, and I miss it.
My general goals are much more important, and more easily attained.
  • I want to spend more time with my wife and daughter. 
  • I want to slow down and enjoy my days.
  • I want to run more, and eat better.
  • I want to be nicer. I want to show a generosity of spirit to those I come in contact with.
  • I want to un-tether. Less time online (yeah, right...).
  • I want to see my family in Oregon.
  • I want to read more fiction (yeah, right...).
  • I want to try some new foods.
These are things I want. I hope you have goals as well, and that you're moving toward them a little more each day...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...