1.30.2014

Thankful...

As I write this, the heat register just kicked in. It's about 35 degrees outside and a cold rain has been whipping against our little home all morning. My daughter was sick yesterday and her school has a policy about kids staying home for twenty-four hours when they feel ill, so she's been with me today.

And it's just so nice to be together. We had a great morning, and now she's napping in her room with the cat curled up at the end of her bed. She's safe and warm and happy, and I'm just in the next room, working on some writing. 

I think it's important sometimes to just pause and be thankful. It's so easy to get caught up in desire or distraction, but in the end, family and safety and security is what it all boils down to. I'm thankful that we're able to give her a good home and a good life. 

She deserves it...


Jeanne and Lyla at Kingsley Plantation




No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...