10.30.2007

The Willows

I want to link to a neat market called The Willows and applaud the editors for a great concept. A great many in this field cut their teeth on Victorian ghost stories and early American weird fiction and this is a case where the market drives the content and not the other way around.

I spent a couple of years in graduate school looking at the work of Poe, Lovecraft, Collins, Le Fanu, Broughton, Blackwood, Bierce and the like. The writing is superb; the stories are genuinely creepy.

Take a look at The Willows and what they're publishing before you saddle up to your next short story. You might surprise yourself.

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...