11.01.2007

Snakes on a Trail and American Gangster


I like to jog in the afternoons over at the Theodore Roosevelt Historic Area. Today I got about 100 yards into my run and had to hurdle a four-foot yellow rat snake smack dab in the center of the trail. It had just gorged on, presumably, a big 'ol rat. It took its time meandering into the brush, as curious about me as I was about him. It was really something to see--it had about an eight-inch long critter in its gut...
We have some interesting offerings in the theaters this weekend. Don Cheadle and George Clooney place their cinematic heft behind the documentary Darfur Now. The film features six stories of lives affected by violence in the war-torn nation.
American Gangster also hits the silver screen, and man does it have promise. Denzel? Russell? Shoot, homie, that's all you had to say! I'm really looking forward to watching their performances, and Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Alien, Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down) has the reins on what looks to be a sprawling, big-budget epic. Can't wait.
It also brings up the question: What is the best gangster movie ever made? The Godfather? The Untouchables? Goodfellas? Scarface?
Young Guns?
Let it rip in the comment sections if you have an opinion on this one...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...