1.10.2008

Cloverfield


Not much this week in the new releases, which means its time to get caught up on some of the good holiday movies that I didn't get out to see. I've been watching the first season of The Wire on DVD (excellent) and had a look at the gut-wrenching Jack Ketchum film The Girl Next Door. It's well made, perhaps too much so. The film made me get up and leave the room at one point.


I'm really excited to see Cloverfield. I think the video diary technique adds a layer of verisimilitude (ha! I knew I'd fit that one in sometime on the blog!) and I'm curious to see how JJ Abrams works in the longer format.

Speaking of Abrams, Lost is back on the air at the end of the month. Does anybody care anymore?

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...