3.28.2013

The Croods

The Croods is the best animated feature I've seen since Wall-E, and it blows that great picture out of the water. I haven't had this much fun at the movies with a G-rated film since The Goonies.

The writing, the voice acting, the story, the animation, and the sense of pacing were fantastic. Nicholas Cage was really good (all of them were, but he stood out as the patriarch of the cave folk), and I thought the message in the story was awesome. It's about change and hope and optimism and overcoming fear. 

Lyla was extremely well behaved. It's our first movie together, and I'm glad we made The Croods that special event. I give it an 'A' and recommend you enjoy it in the theater, little one or not. The images of the apocalyptic earthquakes and the action sequences were stunning, and the story just screams out of the credits toward a fantastic resolution... 

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...