3.06.2013

Wednesday Roundup...

So it was bound to happen. If you live with a three-year-old, you're going to eventually visit the emergency room. It's as inevitable as the tides. Last night, that was Jeanne taking Lyla in for an object extraction.

Our little girl stuffed a plastic rhinestone up her nose and it got stuck in there. 

I wonder why that happens so often? Seriously! I mean, at some point the kid has to rationalize to himself or herself that whatever it is they are holding really belongs somewhere else, and that the particular somewhere else is right up there in the ol' nasal cavity.

The rhinestone is out and she's doing fine, so all is well...

I received the good news yesterday that a proposal I wrote for a chapter in an influential and forthcoming text on horror literature was accepted. The final draft of my chapter is due, appropriately enough, on Halloween...

We hit a new record with the DOW yesterday. It hasn't happened quickly enough for many, but the economy is definitely perking up. Housing was up 9.7% year to year in January. The market has proven remarkably resilient to all of the political shenanigans going on in Washington, and we're even talking about a modest raise for teachers in the state of Florida.

Shot an 87 yesterday out at Mill Cove. Drove the ball well but chipped like an idiot. It could have been ten strokes better...

No comments:

February Reviews: Gray Mountain, John Grisham

  I enjoy John Grisham's books very much and I usually knock out a couple per year. I have read three so far in 2024, and his writing is...